Assisi guided walking tour with official guide.
Guided tour of Assisi and St. Francis Basilica only with licensed tour guides of Umbria region.
The official tour of Assisi
Head for Monte Subasio on a 3-hour walking tour of Assisi and explore Italy’s famous pilgrimage site. Stroll the maze of medieval streets, and visit the Basilicas of Santa Chiara and St. Francis to see one of Italy’s largest collections of church art.
Located on a gentle hill beneath the summit of Monte Subasio, the fabled Umbrian town of Assisi is the most famous pilgrimage site in Italy, a consequence of being the birthplace of Saint Francis. Born in the village of warm pink stone in 1182, Francis founded the mendicant Franciscan order to which he gave his name in 1210. Prior to his birth, Assisi had been settled by ancient Umbrian tribes, and later became a Roman town.
Thanks to this rich history and blend of incredible architecture and art, it’s a multi-sided town. Discover all its facets on one emotional 3-hour walking tour, stopping to pay particular attention to the 2 churches of the Basilica of Santa Chiara, dedicated to the founder of the Order of Poor Ladies, and the papal Basilica of St. Francis, built between 1228 and 1253.
Now home to the consecrated remains of the saint, the stunning monument is also said to have the best collection of art in any church of Italy, including frescoes and paintings by Cimabue, Giotto, Lorenzetti and more.
Please notice: on Sundays, big Catholic holidays and National holidays, guided tours inside the Basilica of St. Francis ar forbidden. You guide will explain to you the church from outside, and you will enter alone on silence.
During the tour you will visit:
- St. Francis Basilica (upper and lower basilica)
- Main square with minerva temple
- Oratory of St. Francis
- Birthplace of St. Francis
- Basilica of St. Clare (For departure at 10:45 from external)
The private tour of Assisi is customizable as you prefer.
ADMISSION TICKETS ARE NOT INCLUDED - € 2,50 PER PERSON
Professional private guide
Admission Tickets € 2,50 per person
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
- Please notice: on Sundays, big Catholic holidays and National holidays, guided tours inside the Basilica of St. Francis ar forbidden. You guide will explain to you the church from outside, and you will enter alone on silence.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- In front of St. Francis Basilica lower entrance or at your accommodation in Assisi center
To know other experiences and things to do in Assisi, please visit: Assisi Tours and Things to do
For further information on a guided tour with an official tour guide of Assisi you can write to us on:📱 WhatsApp +39 320 70 97 823
Or you can fill out the contact form below.
All guided tours are carried out by guides with a regular license issued by the Umbria region. Visiting a city with an official guide means relying on local expert professionals.
Wish to know more about this tour?
Contact us by filling out the form below. Fields labelled with a * are mandatory.